The first time I made this soup, it became an instant family favorite. What’s not to love about a hot bowl of simple comfort on a crisp fall day…yum!
Creamy Vegetable Noodle Soup
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1 Knorr Chicken Bouillon Cube (or 2 servings)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (finely diced)
- 6-7 ribs Celery (finely chopped)
- 1 small Carrot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 box Fettuccini (broken into roughly 1" pieces)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 6 Fresh Sage Leaves (well minced)
- 2-3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- First, boil your broken pasta in heavily salted water, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Next, melt your butter in a large dutch oven or stockpot and saute your vegetables, along with your bouillon cube, until slightly softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add your flour and stir to combine for about 1 minute
- Slowly pour in your chicken stock, while stirring to eliminate any flour lumps
- Add in your herbs and stir until the broth begins to bubble and becomes slightly thickened
- Once bubbling, cover your pot with a tight fitting lid and simmer for about 10-15 minutes
- When finished, add your frozen peas and half and half, stirring to fully combine