These muffins are probably what I make the most of at my house and I always have some stashed away in my freezer. They thaw out in no time, which makes for an easy grab if you’re on the go, or they are perfect for days when you might just want something quick and effortless.
If I’m making these muffins to enjoy the same day (not for the freezer) I top them with my favorite streusel topping for added crunch and deliciousness.
Banana and Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- scant 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- scant 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas mashed well
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- Using a medium sized bowl, add your milk, vanilla and quick cooking oatmeal to let the oats soak and slightly soften while you’re preparing the other ingredients.
- Using a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Whisk to combine.
- Add the oil, mashed banana and white vinegar into the bowl with your oats and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and fold thoroughly until fully combined.
- Spoon the batter into your lined or greased muffin tins, filling the cups almost to the top