These are honestly SO easy to make and they are SO delish – even my meat eating husband fully approves! The best part of making your own Black Bean Burger vs buying the frozen ones in the store, is that you’re in control of each ingredient that goes into them, which I like!
Black Bean Burgers
- 2 cans Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Finley Minced Yellow Onion
- 1/3 cup Finley Minced Green Bell Pepper
- 2 lg cloves Finely Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Combine all of your ingredients into a food processor. Pulse the mixture just a few times – you want some of the mixture to be blended or well smashed, but you also want to keep a lot of it still chunky
- Put the mixture into a large bowl and taste for seasonings (you want this well seasoned). Add a touch of salt, if needed and mix well using a rubber spatula or spoon
- Begin to form out your burger patties, about the same size as the buns that you’ll be using – Black Bean Burgers will not shrink at all when you cook them up, so make sure to form them in the size you want them to be in the end. I like mine on the thin side…you don’t want a mushy burger!
- Using a fry pan, melt a little butter on medium heat and gently put in your patty. Let it sit for a few minutes, until it develops a nice crust. Once you flip it, this is the time where you can add your cheese, if using. I like to put a lid on the pan after I add the cheese to make sure it gets the perfect melt
- Once the cheese is melty, you’re ready to plate it up and add all of your favorite burger fixins