So simple. So delicious. Summer perfect.
Summer Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 5 ears Corn
- 1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 Red Onion (chopped)
- Zest of One Lime
- Shuck and wash your 5 ears of corn and dry well
- Char your corn cobs in a dry skillet on high heat, turning occasionally
- Once charred, cut off the kernels and place into a bowl (I find the best way to do this is to lay the corn down and slice off the kernels with a sharp knife – this way they don’t fly all over)
- Add your drained and rinsed beans, chopped onion, lime zest and cilantro to the corn and toss well
- Taste for seasoning – When you use fresh and in season corn, you may find that you don’t need any salt/pepper at all!