Chickpea (aka Garbanzo Bean) Salad is a great alternative to egg salad. Did you know that chickpeas actually have more protein than eggs? They are also full of fiber as well as a variety of other vitamins and nutrients.
Chickpeas are super versatile. They are great roasted for a crunchy topping to a green salad, or just for a snack. I love them in soups and chili and I always have them on hand.
- 1 can Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) Drained and Rinsed
- 1/4 cup Finely Diced Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Dill Pickle
- 1/2 cup Mayo (You can use Vegan Mayo)
- 1 tspn Yellow Mustard
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas, placing them into a medium sized bowl
- Using a fork, give them a good smash until they reach your desired texture – I like there to be a little bite left to them, so I do just a slight mash
- Add your finely diced onion, chopped pickles, mayo and mustard and stir until fully combined
- Season with salt/pepper to taste