If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be this pasta right here! It’s bursting with lemon flavor and on the lighter side, as far as pasta goes. You can serve this like I do, as a main course, or use it as a side dish to the protein of your choice.
Lemon Pasta with Green Beans
- 1 package your favorite long pasta (I prefer fettuccine)
- 2 lemons
- olive oil
- fresh green beans (don’t use canned for this)
- parmigiano reggiano (the real stuff)
- Trim the ends off of your fresh green beans. I like to keep them long and split them down the middle lengthwise (so they are similar in size and shape to the pasta)
- Cook your pasta in heavily salted water
- Bring a smaller pan of water to a boil and cook your green beans for 6-7 minutes. If you're good at timing, you can add them right into your pasta water, but this never works for me
- Using a small bowl, zest both lemons and add a good 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pour about 1/4 cup of olive oil in with the lemon juice and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Drain your pasta and put it back into the hot pot. Add your cooked green beans and pour the lemon/olive oil on top. Season with salt and stir thoroughly.
- Serve pasta topped with a generous amount of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano