This was my very first egg-free recipe and it’s remains my favorite go-to cookie.
Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (egg-free)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 1 tspn kosher salt
- 3/4 cup butter (room temp)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups oats (I use quick cooking oats)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350″
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat butter, vanilla, water, brown sugar and sugar until combined.
- Slowly (in batches) add your flour mixture until dough is fully combined.
- Fold in oats and chocolate chips (I use my hands as this dough is THICK). Once all ingredients are fully incorporated, shape dough into roughly 3″ rounds, about a half inch thick.