Dalgona Coffee is the latest trend. It’s whipped espresso that is traditionally served on top of milk or cream. I decided to bump it up a bit and use the whipped espresso to top a White Russian…AMAAAAZZZIIIING!!! If you’re not into alcohol, just use this whipped espresso to top milk, or even almond milk would be delish!
My Grandmother is somewhat of a legendary bartender back in my home town and is lovingly referred to as “Mom” throughout most of the County. So of course, I needed her expertise when getting the perfect cocktail measurements.
NOTE: This whipped topping is made with espresso and a small amount of water, so it’s strong. If you are not a big coffee drinker, or are sensitive to caffeine, use a smaller amount of the topping. This recipe will top several served drinks.
Mom’s Dalgona White Russian
- 2 tbsp Instant Espresso
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Boiling Water
- Half and Half (or whole milk)
- Add the espresso, sugar and boiling water to a bowl. Whip with a hand mixer (or by hand) until thickened (1-2 minutes)
- 1 short glass of ice
- Three count pour of vodka
- Three count pour of Kahlua
- Top that with your half and half or milk
- Top that with your Whipped Espresso