Did you know that you can make this DOUBLE batch of pie crust in under 10 minutes and for less than $2?
Not only is this so easy to make, but you can make just about anything with it! You can of course use it for a pie. You can cut out rounds and make mini fruit hand pies. You can let the kiddos roll it out, cut it into their favorite shapes, brush on some melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar and bake it for some fun and cute pie crust cookies!
Or, you can take it savory! Add some herbs to your dough and use it as a soup or pot pie topper. You can make meat and sauce filled hand pies…my daughter LOVES to make her own using her favorite pizza ingredients. The possibilities really are endless!
Pie Crust (Double Batch)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 cup cold butter (2 sticks)
- 10 tbsp ice water
- Add flour, sugar and salt to a food processor and pulse to combine
- Cut your cold butter into cubes and add to the flour mixture
- Give that a few pulses to break up the butter, just a little
- Begin adding your ice water, 2 tablespoons at a time and pulsing in between. Keep adding ice water and pulsing until the dough starts to come together (you may not need all of the water).