This is one of my favorite go-to recipes! These are fantastic (seriously so, so good) as an Empanada filling, with a side of guacamole. I also love to use this recipe to dress up simple quesadillas topped with fresh salsa and some cool crisp lettuce. These beans would be a great addition to a rice bowl or served on the side during taco night! Okay…now I’m hungry!
Spicy Black Beans
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1/2 red onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tspn chili powder
- 1 tspn ground cumin
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 Jalapeno (optional) (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, zested
- Coat the bottom of your pan with olive oil and saute the onion, red pepper, garlic and spices, just for 1 minute
- add your drained and rinsed black beans and your corn, stirring until combined
- cook until the beans are warmed through and your frozen corn has thawed (only a minute or two – You don’t want soggy or over cooked veggies here)
- Remove from heat before adding a good pinch of salt and your chopped cilantro and lime zest.